We use cosmetics every day, whether it be moisturizers, hygiene products or makeup. It is therefore extremely important to use the right products to take care of our skin.
The skin acts like a sponge, absorbing all the products we apply. That is the reason why we must be careful in what we buy, avoiding harmful chemical ingredients such as silicones, parabens, petroleum derivatives, etc.
Although these ingredients are present in little amounts, the effects of an extended use can potentially affect the health. As an example, toxic metals such as arsenic and lead have been found in some face makeup products.
This is why cosmetic laboratories and natural makeup brands focus more in manufacturing their products with natural and vegetable ingredients, thus creating natural cosmetics.
What are natural cosmetics?
Natural cosmetics include all those produced with vegetable and mineral raw materials. These products do not contain artificial preservatives, chemical components, synthetic fragrances, additives or products that can be toxic or harmful to health or the environment.
Natural cosmetics are not tested on animals and are suitable for people with skin issues and diseases, because they respect the skin much better. Using natural ingredients for skincare offers many benefits and is appropriate for all skin tones and types, unless you may be intolerant to a specific ingredient.
Natural cosmetics characteristics
Natural cosmetics include all those produced in an ecological way, whose ingredients are natural, from vegetable origin and that meet the requirements established by the associations and organizations that regulate the sector.
Here are some common characteristics of natural cosmetics:
- The raw materials are from mineral or vegetable sources from an ecological culture, without pesticides.
- They are not tested on animals and do not contain ingredients from animal origin, so they are cruelty-free and vegan.
- They do not contain chemical components as artificial fragrances or aromas, synthetic dyes or preservatives, paraffins, parabens, petroleum derivatives or silicones. Natural cosmetics use preservatives, but the most natural such as alcohol, willow extract or potassium sorbate.
- When manufacturing natural cosmetics, precautions are taken not to harm the environment. The packaging must also be environmentally friendly by being made with recycled or easy to recycle materials.
- Because of its ingredients, natural cosmetics differ in appearance, colour or smell from conventional products. As an example, the colour is usually not so extravagant and the smell is not artificial, because they are natural.
- Natural cosmetics are required to list the full information about the ingredients used on the packaging.
What are the benefits of natural makeup?
Here are a few of the benefits attributed to natural makeup:
- It adapts perfectly to your skin as the components have a lot of affinity with the epidermis.
- It has a smoothing effect and is non-aggressive, unlike conventional cosmetics.
- It regenerates and protects the skin.
- It does not contain synthetic preservatives or aromas.
- It does not use any artificial additives or chemical components derived from petroleum.
- It respects the environment.
- It is not tested on animals.
In recent years, natural and organic cosmetics have gained many followers. As a consumer, you may be overwhelmed by labels that contain ingredients created in the lab that accelerate the effects of the product, but may cause dermatological issues or allergies.
Omy the natural makeup
Omy's natural makeup is 100 % vegan and made from natural ingredients. The products are good for your health and they respect nature and sustainable development. Moreover, they enhance your natural beauty in the “no makeup” style.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. It will be our pleasure to help you find the right care or you.